Pages

Friday, February 8, 2013

Happiness Project

The stress has finally over. Last paper for my finals has completed. This marks the end of my uni life *fingers crossed*. The worry continues, for I have not known my results yet. For the mean time, just got to keep calm and enjoy the Chinese New Year celebration with dearest family and friends. Its going to be a memorable and exciting CNY for sure. We will be welcoming our little guy, my baby nephew in a week's time! I am now one generation older. Moreover, I have already gotten my biggest angpao for this year too! A great start of the snake year for me indeed. =]

And well, everything seems to be great now. Many things have changed. For the better of course. =]

It is true that when you start doing things differently, you will achieve different results. To date, my happiness project is working perfectly. At the start, I thought its just another silly thing I have created to get myself feeling better in a way. But as time goes by, I do feel the changes in me. It is not something that can be achieved in a day or two. Changes takes time, especially when it involves switching the mindset. Not to forget, it works alongside with determination too. Everything that bothers me or tears me down, I am taking it as a challenge for me to accept and start looking it from another perspective. In another words, turning all the negatives into positives. Its just the half cup empty and half cup full philosophy. Day by day, I am really getting better at it. =]

For instance, instead of asking 'Why me?', I asked myself the question 'What can I do?'. Sometimes, it really is about asking the right question. And I tend to avoid the phrase 'What if'. Afterall, if things had happened, what's the use of asking 'what if', it wouldn't bring any changes as you can't turn back time. Instead, find solutions to make things better. And if things have yet to happened, then why wasting time asking 'what if'? Make up your mind, and just go for it. Nobody is perfect. People make mistakes. Not always people can get things right at the first attempt. It is the law of nature and that is how we learn and grow and be wiser.

And for I am now able to see and handle things differently and positively, I start to appreciate life and everything that revolves around me. And I do hope that I could make little contributions and create meaningful impacts on others as long as I live. Thus, I am now looking at volunteering for a good cause. I shall see what I can do. =]







No comments: