Pages

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Choices

Knowing how happy one of my friend is, got me into thinking how a relationship could bring one's happiness.

I guess one of the key is to have common interest. Or perhaps, doing interesting things together. Things or activities which may require interactions, or teamwork. When there's teamwork involved, it helps to improve communication, tolerance, patience and whole lot more between each other. Adventurous activities like hiking and camping could do more fun and at the same time, offering a sense of accomplishment by the end of the activity is a bonus (no doubt, it is tiring too). When the typical dinner dates and movie dates can no longer offer the sparks needed, it indicates the time to move on to activities that requires interactions. Never let things become a boring and dull routine is important, which in most cases, would kill off a relationship after a few years. The thought of having someone already in his or her life often make oneself to take things for granted. So much so, promises started to be broken and words became just merely words. Everything are often decided based on the 'mood' itself. If the mood isn't there after everything has been planned, things can just be cancelled off or postponed or even re-postponed for countless of times till you just get so fed up of it and decided to just forget bout the entire plan. And sooner or later, you found that the whole relationship has became meaningless.

Hence, lots of efforts are still needed regardless of how many years the relationship has been. Once in a while, its great to remember things that brought both together, to remind each other the very core reason why both fell for each other at the very first place. For as time goes by, people just tend to adapt, grow and change along the years. However, still it takes two hands to clap. There's no point too if there's only one who would put in so much efforts and the other doesn't. By the end of the day, one would just get so fed up and decided that there's no reason to stay anymore. And when the other realized it, it may be all too late and there's nothing can be done to save the relationship. 

Anyway, after 9 years, its time for me to just really stop and take a break. After all the disappointments, heartaches, unpredictable circumstances, I know what I really needed is just some time alone to rediscover myself. I guess I have been letting everyone and everything around me to shape me into who I am now in the recent years. And along the way, I've just lost myself, bits by bits. What is worse, is when there's so much uncertainties right ahead of me now, hoping that each and every decisions I made will be of the best for me in the near future. Hoping that some trade-offs made is of worth both now and later.

Well, afterall, if it is to be, its up to me. A saying that I've learnt from a wise man. =]

No comments: