Pages

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Lend a helping hand =)

Yesterday..while my brother's busy planting tree at Hulu Selangor..I've visited a mentally disabled home..or mostly known as spastic home..with my mom and dad along with one of my mom's friend...

Seriously..I do feel sorry for them..but they are really good hearted..they have a very pure mind and heart..there's this girl who actually welcomed us..and even brought us chairs straight away once we came in..and another guy who approached my dad and brought him into his room coz he wanted to show my dad his room.. =)

Some even came over and offered me oranges..and grapes which we bought for them..an Indian guy who was just two years elder than me even taught me how to say 'thank you' in Tamil..and mind you..he's not really mentally disabled..but he's just a slow learner..there were also a few children who was a slow learner like him as well..

There were also a few children who their hands were tied up..one was tied up at the bed's steel..and one was tied up at the chair..and one was tied up at the table..why? they were not being treated cruely..that I can assure you..the reason that they were being tied up was they tend to hurt themselves in variety of ways and causes injuries..

We were even told that the children and even adults who stay there are given vitamins injection every evening..they were also given four meals a day..and there are some food that they are not allowed to eat too..

It was really a great experience..I've only been to the old folks home and the orphanage before this..this was actually the first time I've visited a mentally disabled home..and I'm glad that we could try to help..although its not much..but still..its the thought that counts..I hope that I'll be able to visit them again.. =)








The next upcoming interesting event..Earth Hour and another Plant A Tree Campaign..I'm going for both.. =D

Lets save the environment! =)

No comments: